Monday, July 8, 2013

Back in Business

Good afternoon. It's been a few weeks since my last update, and there is definitely a connection between keeping this blog up to date and sticking to my workout plans. I have went on one long walk and one short bike ride in the last 3 weeks. I also carried some stuff into storage if that counts.

There are a couple of popular sayings that come up when trying to focus on weight loss. The first is "Tomorrow is Today." It's so easy to say "I'll start tomorrow." because there is always a tomorrow. Falling off the wagon happens, don't keep putting off your new start date until tomorrow, or next weekend, or Monday. Start today. Do something, anything that you wouldn't have done that moves you towards your goal.

The second phrase is "11 days creates a rabbit." Which never made much sense to me...oh, sorry, I'm being told it creates a habit. I thought I was going to learn how to be a magician. Oh well.

So here's what I've got planned:
  •  I'm going to update the tracker on the right to show the past 11 days. I am considering developing a point system so it's not just a did I or didn't I.
  • I'm going to go back to daily updates. But I'm going to keep them short, closer to 250 words instead of the 1000 word monsters I used to ramble out.
  • I've moved into a new stage of the MMO process, Anticipation. The learning phase is mostly done, so my content will reflect that and focus more on the waiting.
  • Weigh ins will still come on Wednesday with the official Wildstar weekly update. For the record I was at 218 last week.
  • My new exercise strategy will alternate between lower body and upper body. If it's nice out I will be Biking or swimming depending on the day. If it is not nice I will hit the elliptical or do the upper body exercises that I was never good at convincing myself to do.
Wildstar is still coming out this year last I heard, so durrnit I'm running out of time to lose these last 15 pounds! (...and also those other 3 pounds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment