Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In - Stress Tests and Economics

I panicked when I looked at the scale today. I was at 221.

I pealed off all my clothes and gave it another go. 219.7 Not good, but there is time to turn things around.

It's still freaking raining! Give me a break Minnesota!

Not that I can blame it all on the rain. I'm pretty sure that the Gym that I was using when there was snow on the ground did not go anywhere.

As I mentioned previously, I have been pretty darn busy, I'm having more than enough trouble finding the time to exercise. Trying to also find time to construct three well thought out posts a week is just out of reach at the moment. I really wanted my posts to provide more than a link to news, but I think that's what I'm going to be focused on for the time being. I may occasionally jump in with a Scanbot post, but I wouldn't expect it consistently.

Let's talk about link some Wildstar news.

Stress Test Postmortem
There is some great details in this post. It sounds like they were able to locate some problems in their system and build from it. Based on tweets today from Jen Gordy and David Bass it sounds like another test was going on this afternoon and it sounds like it went pretty well.

The Economy
This was a nice post from last Friday. There was some media reaction that seemed to imply there was some crazy madness at work. From what I read it seemed like a pretty standard MMO economy strategy. I'm less interested in the "gold" economy as a player and I'm more interested in the crafting economy. I want to hear the nitty gritty on how resources are collected and if lower tiered resources have value in high level crafting or if it's just going to be like WoW where the top tier of resources are the only relevant ones. I want to know how the different crafting professions will interact. Will a tailor need belts and buckles made by smiths and leather workers? I am hoping for a more engaging crafting economy than I've seen in recent MMO's

No comments:

Post a Comment