Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2

Well, I should amend my statement about what makes me winded to the more embarrassing and feeble - tying my shoes. It's been awhile since I've strapped on my tennis shoes, and they are fitting as tightly as the rest of my equipment...er wardrobe.


So after huffing and puffing my shoes on I hit up the elliptical with this "Weight loss" option. Somewhere around 10 minutes I hit my limit. I probably could have forced myself into another 5 or 10 minutes, but I feel like it's more advisable to work my way into this whole thing instead of crippling my drive on day one. Day two, is a day of rest that is recommended. Apparently to give your body a moment to ask "WTF did you just try and do to me." before you continue. It's interesting to note that it is the only day of rest that is recommended. From here on it's a steady ramp up.

On the Wildstar front, I plan to focus on official content only until I get through it. Fortunately I have nearly two years of official blog entries to chew through. BTW anyone ever tried to browse a website on a smartphone screen while using an elliptical? Nearly fell of the damn thing twice. Fortunately there is an expansive Youtube channel to pull from also.

The very first blog entry predates the trailer, but I thought the trailer fit better as an opener. From that very first blog, a letter from Jeremy Gaffney, one line really sticks out:

"But we think we've learned enough to make some dramatic steps forward. We have developed some new ways of making online games; games that can adapt to you instead of the other way 'round."

This was back in July of 2011. Some things have happened since then. I wonder how this stands up to today's market. The success of GW2. The FFXIV debacle. The reception of action combat games like Terra. And the financial path of Star Wars the Old Republic. How will this change where they focus their development? I am obviously interested in a game that adapts to my play-style.  So few MMO's create a path for the very insular who wants to play with his 3 friends and is terrified of looking stupid in front of the rest of the internet.

Speaking of which, Pictures tomorrow. I should have the time to figure out Youtube posting this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment