Friday, July 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Where did my Avatar come from?

New feature time!

The only update I have is I tried some juice type product instead of a morning soda. I was sleepy and I got a cold sore. I'm looking forward to Friday, hopefully I'll get to leave on time, either way I'll get to total up my time card and see the extra hours magically turn into dollar bills.

No Wildstar news worth a darn today. They did a stress test and it broke a server, that's a good thing -- Pushing things until they don't break doesn't result in any teachable moments.

So, a decade ago I managed a locally owned video game store. As was socially required by that position I wrote a web comic. The avatar I use everywhere these days is from the comic who's art I always liked the most. I was not the artist of the strip, but the cartoon tony that my friend created for these strips always put a smile on my face.

Here is a comic who's date stamp reads 10/04/2002.

The bottom 3 panels were all the artist's idea and they kill! Dialog in panel 2 is garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment